Andrews Osborne Academy (AOA) seeks a dynamic and experienced instructor to join the Mathematics department for the2020-21 school year. The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Education and teaching experience at the high school or college level. Applicants must be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and willing to teach as a member of a team, in conjunction with the other members of the faculty both in and outside of the Mathematics department.
Andrews Osborne Academy is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day (PK to grade 12) and boarding (grades 7-12) school located in Willoughby, OH. Our Academy offers early childhood, elementary, middle and secondary education to committed students in a multicultural setting. AOA is known throughout the region for offering a community built upon deep and meaningful relationships between and among teachers, students, families, and staff, and for developing a superlative educational paradigm. That paradigm is invested in two deeply held beliefs - that students need to think critically AND creatively, and, that knowledge is deepened through plurality. An AOA education empowers students to develop into empathic and caring global citizens capable of leading the way into a dynamic future.
The primary classroom responsibility will be to teach Upper School Math (Algebra 2)
Other responsibilities include those that are normally part of a boarding school
● Experience teaching Mathematics at the high school or college level
● A master’s degree is preferred - but not required
● Interest and demonstrated skill and enjoyment working with adolescents
● The ability to work as part of a team
● Warmth, sense of humor, and tact
● Ability to collaborate with colleagues
● Strong commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
● Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
● High standards of professional conduct
All interested candidates should submit to Upper School Director Faith Bordonaro, (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following:
1. A letter of interest
3. A list of three references and their contact information
All applicants should know that a formal BCI/FBI background check will be a part of this hiring process.
Andrews Osborne Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce.