AOA Volunteer Responsibilities
The Fundraising Committee collaborates closely with the Development Department, aiming to achieve 100% parent participation in The AOA Fund. This committee comprises parents from all grade levels and plays a pivotal role in enhancing the overall experience for every AOA student.
The Parents Association Fundraising initiative serves AOA School by raising parents' awareness of philanthropic opportunities. Parental generosity and contributions to The AOA Fund have a direct and immediate impact on the daily activities on our campus. Donations to The AOA Fund provide AOA with the flexibility to address immediate needs while also ensuring the school's long-term financial stability.
The Outreach Committee will create a strong partnership with the Admissions Office to facilitate connections between current parents and prospective families. Given the competitive nature of the admissions process, where families often have choices between AOA and other institutions, it's crucial to convey the welcoming and robust nature of our community. The Outreach Committee engages with prospective parents through phone conversations and, when feasible, in-person meetings. Additionally, the committee actively participates in or hosts regional events tailored for applicants and newly accepted families.
The Event Committee collaborates closely with the Development Office to orchestrate fundraising events within our school community. In the upcoming 2023-24 academic year, two significant events are on the horizon. The first will occur on February 10, coinciding with the birthday of our founder, Margaret St. John Andrews, and will be hosted on campus. The second event, the 5th Annual Phoenix Classic, is scheduled for June 2024 and will take place at the Sand Ridge Golf Course. The committee plays a vital role in ensuring robust parent participation in these events while also assisting in securing event sponsorships.
The Athletics Boosters at our school are a dedicated group of individuals who passionately support and elevate our student-athletes and athletic programs. Their unwavering commitment and enthusiasm play a pivotal role in fostering a thriving sports culture, promoting teamwork, and nurturing the physical and personal growth of our students through athletics. Together, we champion the pursuit of excellence on and off the field, ensuring that every student-athlete has the resources and encouragement they need to succeed.
The Arts Boosters at our school are a dynamic community of supporters who share a deep appreciation for the arts and a profound commitment to nurturing the creative talents of our students. Their passion and dedication empower our young artists, musicians, actors, and performers to explore their artistic potential and showcase their talents on various stages. Through their generous support and advocacy, the Arts Boosters play a vital role in promoting artistic expression, cultural enrichment, and a vibrant arts scene within our school community.
Together, we celebrate the transformative power of the arts and ensure that every student has the opportunity to shine brightly in their artistic endeavors.
Parents can also plug into our community by: being a mentor to a student, hosting a senior project, providing internship opportunities, and speaking in a classroom or as part of a speaker series.
- Lead by setting an example through your contributions to The AOA Fund.
- Volunteers are encouraged to make their philanthropic donation or pledge by December 31, followed by participation gifts during Founders’ Month (February). Pledge payments should be completed by the end of the fiscal year in June.
- Attend and participate in committee meetings.
- Attend quarterly Parents Association meetings.
- Engage in volunteer opportunities designated by the committees.
- These may involve reaching out to fellow parents for contributions to The AOA Fund, assisting with outreach to prospective families,
- and assisting in organizing events for your child.
- Encourage other parents to participate in AOA School events, such as social receptions, fundraising events, and more.
- Offer support to AOA School faculty and staff for specific requests related to community.