Andrews Osborne Academy is seeking a full-time second grade teacher for the 2013-2014 academic school year. Candidates must have a Bachelor's or Master's in Education. Preferred candidates would have two or more years of experience in the field, excellent verbal and written skills, comfort with integrating technology into the curriculum, interest in collaborating with colleagues, and a passion for working with children.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to Director of Lower School Theresa Frisbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 38588 Mentor Ave., Willoughby, OH 44094.
Middle and Upper School
Language Arts/English as a Second Language Teacher
Andrews Osborne Academy is seeking a full-time and a part-time ESL/Language Arts teacher. It is important that candidates have experience working with international students and are able to adapt materials and content accordingly to meet the needs of all students. A candidate must be able to teach a combination of the following classes:
· British literature and composition
American literature and composition for ELL students
Middle School ESL
Upper School Grammar
7th Grade Life Sciences Teacher
Andrews Osborne Academy is seeking a part-time 7th grade life science teacher to teach 2 sections in the morning. Candidates should have experience teaching middle school with a strong desire to promote success for all students.
Upper School Math Teacher
AOA is looking for a full-time candidate who possesses successful teaching experience in Mathematics. The teacher must be able to teach Probability and Statistics, Applied Calculus as well as Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry or Physics. Candidates must be willing to adapt to common core standards and more importantly willing to adjust teaching methods to suit the needs of all students including students whose first language is not English and students with learning accommodations.
Our program requires that all teachers serve as student advisors, student club advisors, and actively participate in our boarding community. To apply, please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com or send information to the address below. Use this address to also pose questions for our Director of Upper School, Gary DiBianca.
The Assistant Houseparent is responsible for monitoring and supervising a maximum of twenty students living in a dormitory house. The AHP is expected to cover the House, as mutually arranged with the Houseparent, one evening per week (6:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. the following morning), and two weekends per month (6:00 p.m. Friday through 8:00 a.m. Monday morning). During these times the Assistant Houseparent assumes the role and responsibilities of the Head Houseparent. Basic CPR and First Aid training are required and must be updated as certificates indicate. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Being present in the House during duty hours
· Ensuring students are following the set schedule responsibly and punctually (meals, school, evening study hall, curfew, Light Out, etc.)
· Ensuring students are following proper residential procedures such as signing in/out and requesting permission for off-campus activities
· Handling student disciplinary matters
· Monitor weekly chores/Ensuring the House remains “showable” at all times
· Administering student medication as needed
· Supervising a Student Proctor
· Attending a weekly meeting with the Director of Residential Life and other members of the Residential Life team (House Parents & Assistant House Parents)
· Assisting the Director of Residential Life in coordinating student travel plans
· Submit weekly dorm and room inspection reports to the Director of Residential Life
· Supplemental duties as appropriate to the specific responsibilities of an Assistant Houseparent
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Ben Irie, Director of Residential Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an unsalaried position. Assistant Houseparents are provided an apartment within their assigned dormitory, plus dinners while school is in sessions.